6 Responses

1. Stephanie
    Stephanie May 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm | | Reply

Wow! You read my mail. :) I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer about 5 yrs ago and that was the main thing I kept thinking about. Not so much scared of dying, but more of leaving my children here. Well, I take that back. My “child”. I only had one at that time, I now have 3. Thank you Lord.

2. Sue Glader
    Sue Glader May 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm | | Reply

Jen – I too so relate. As Hans was only 1 when I was diagnosed close to 12 years ago, I planted the thought of “I’m not going anywhere” in my consciousness. Our children are the point of the most searing worries with cancer, but they also can be the largest single motivator for doing everything that can be done. Thank you for writing this.

3. Kathy Sena - BadBallet.com
    Kathy Sena - BadBallet.com May 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm | | Reply

Jen, I’ve had family members in exactly this situation and that is how they would describe it — though not as beautifully as you did here. I’m so glad you have created Parenting With Cancer, and you are going to help and inspire so many — while also telling it like it *really* is. Thanks.

4. Lucia Dowd
    Lucia Dowd September 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm | | Reply

WOW!

5. Jennifer
    Jennifer February 8, 2012 at 3:10 pm | | Reply

These are exactly the thoughts that wracked my mind when I was first diagnosed. My children are the reason that I fight. For everyone else life would largely go on as planned, but not for my boys. The course of their life would be dramatically altered if I were to die, and it is that fear – the only fear, really – that propels me forward.

6. Yasmeen
    Yasmeen July 11, 2012 at 10:52 am | | Reply

While I am reading your story it seems like as it’s mine.so true I m fighting for my 2 kids I want to see them growing happily and successful I strongly believe that one day everyone has to go and the time is decided too I can only pray God to give me the time so I can see their achievements in life and their happy moments.